Swallow Savannah Cemetery
1815 at a log house 1 mi. south. The church was adjacent to a sheet of water known as “Swallow
Savannah”, supposedly for the many swallows that gathered there. Members began worshiping at this
site in 1848, when a church was dedicated on land donated by Dr. Cornelius Ayer. The church moved to
the town of Allendale c. 1890 but continued to use this cemetery for burials. Upon the election of a
cemetery committee in 1894, a survey was completed that formalized burial plots. In 1898 a chapel was
built at the cemetery using materials from the old church building. The cemetery as been expanded
over the years and includes church members and non-members alike.