St Nicholas Lutheran Church
St. Nicholas Lutheran Church (Public)
St Nicholas Lutheran Church is located in the small community of Jennys, about 8 miles east of Fairfax and was built in 1910. However, the congregation itself, dates to at least 1804. It was organized by early German settlers in the Barnwell District (Now Allendale County) and was probably associated with Mt. Pleasant Church in Ehrhardt, which dates to 1750. There were several locations before finding a permanent home. One earlier sanctuary, built in 884, was located about two miles north of this site. That church burned, but materials from it were salvaged to build the existing structure. The Old St. Nicholas Cemetery is located about a third of a mile away off S.C. Hwy. 641.
235 St. Nicholas Rd.
Fairfax, S.C. 29827
Information provided by SC Picture Project