Salkehatchie Baptist Church
Great Salkehatchie Baptist Church (Public)
Also known as Great Salkehatchie Baptist Church, this church was first organized in 1790 along the banks of the Salkehatchie River in the settlement of Buford’s Bridge. General Sherman destroyed the first structure at this site using its materials to build bridges during his march through the South. The church was later rebuilt. The current church was built in 1915 after moving to the nearby Ulmer site.
290 State Rd. S-3-94
Ulmer, S. C. 29849
Info from the S.C. Picture Project