Oswald Laffitte House (Private)
This house is located on Burton’s Ferry Highway and Flat Street in downtown Allendale was built circa 1898 by James Lawton Oswald, a prominent planter and businessman. It is an excellent example of Queen Anne style of architecture. It is a large 2-3 story clapboard house with high hip and gable roof decorated with finials ,bulky, irregular massing. And interior chimneys. The windows are predominantly double hung sash 1/1, some with lourvered shutters. The house was renovated by Henry and Libby Laffite who made it their home in Allendale for many years.
301/Flat Street N
Allendale, S. C. 29810
Info condensed from the S.C. Department of Archives and History.