Ervington Missionary Baptist Church
Ervington Missionary Baptist Church (Public)
Ervington Missionary Baptist Church was organized in 1850 with a band of Christian worshippers during the era of slavery. The colored served under the rules along with the white, a church known as the Concord Missionary Christian Church. A host of the colored people organized a Bush harbor; after some years, settled in the spot where the church now stands. The name was Ervington Missionary Baptist Colored Church. The first pastor was Reverend Soloman Edwards. The church began to grow and continued to flourish over the years. In 1965, under the leadership of Reverend Sidney Williams, the church was moved and rebuilt in its present location. Through the years the church has added a fellowship hall, a kitchen, Baptismal Pool, and a Pastor’s Study. In 1990, two acres of land was donated to the church and stained glass windows were installed in the Sanctuary. Since then, other improvements have been made including a new multi-purpose building in 2007.
Hwy 3 4347 River Rd.