Cave Methodist Church and Cemetery
Cave Methodist Church and Cemetery (Public)
The Cave Methodist Church was located approximately five miles from Allendale on the Allendale-Barnwell Highway. It was completely destroyed by a tornado in 2009, but the historic cemetery remains on the site. The church, dating back to the 1880’s, had many prominent families associated with it. However, during the changing economic eras of larger plantations and fewer people in rural areas, it saw a decrease in active members. The extensive churchyard cemetery, with its many monuments, bear silent testimony to the numerous, splendid families who supported the church throughout the former years.
Allendale, S.C. 29810
Info summarized from “Allendale on the Savannah.”